Tuesday, February 22, 2011

18/365


The Photo-Journo within me was released today moments after coming across this scene of a damaged vehicle and the site of an armed response officer laying just meters away.
The incident had literally just happened, in fact when I got out to go and attend (I'm a qualified BLS - Ambulance Assistant) the car engine was still running!

The brave response officer and his team had chased the thieves from a Randburg residence and managed to scuffle with one of the suspects. Although he landed up in handcuffs the thief didn't give up without taking hold of the officers service knife and attempted to stab him in the abdomen. Although he escaped the stabbing the scuffle left the officer with severe lacerations on his hands - and yours truly was there to help - first on scene.

Just before I left, minutes after handing over to paramedics, I took the liberty of shooting some crime scene photos that I'll more than likely forward to the local papers.

Look out for my pics, this may just be the start to my photo journalist career!


1 comment: