Monday, June 7, 2010

Your name goes with you wherever you go!

This weekend I attended the Nikon D5000 full day course that came with my camera purchase.
We all had to introduce ourselves and give some info on our background.

I stood up, stated my name and that some of my friends call me "Wong" because I've been taking photos for so long and always have a camera in my hand. I also stated that I've left my corporate job to pursue my photography career and focus on building my business.

Many people have told me this weekend that going out on my own is a 'brave' thing to do.
I dont know how brave I'm being considering that I'm putting all my faith into the fact that no matter what I sell, at the end of the day I'm the product. My service, my attitude and my professionalism - all ME!

After getting off the phone with a client from a big bank while at work, I took comfort and flattery in her closing comment regarding business I'd done for the company a couple of months ago. She said, "Tanith, you are a good person, and you are a hard worker and I saw that at the event." I realised then that even though I've heard this before and have a dedicated service file for all the compliments I've received while dealing with people, that this time it was the realisation that although this client had a negative experience (due to flooding at the Vaal which affected her event) she was grateful for my attitude and hard work. She has asked me to stay in touch even though I'm leaving the corporate world, your name goes with you wherever you go!

Best the best you can be, you dont know whose watching!

No comments:

Post a Comment